Ok so I threw the idea of a 30 Day "no eating out" challenge out on my twitter feed yesterday and it raised alot of interest! So I decided to go ahead and move forward with this. To be honest I really wanted to do this for myself and the fact that others want to do it with me only makes it more awesome. Strength in numbers right?!
So lets get down to business! The challenge is "not eating out for 30 days". Please realize this challenge isn't about limiting your food choices or not eating the foods you love to eat. Its more about being more conscious and aware of what we are putting into our bodies. You don't have to cut out the things that you enjoy eating and I don't want you to.
I realize a lot of grey areas are involved with this challenge and I thought about it all last night and decided on this criteria.
- No eating at any restaurants. No fast food, no drive thru, no sit down places, and no take out.
- You must eat all of your meals from items you purchased from the grocery store. We will go ahead and say that anything you can buy at a grocery store is fair game. Use your judgment, if you cheat you're only cheating yourself :)
- Buying drinks from outside places is also acceptable. Example: Starbucks (Maybe I should do a 30 day no Starbucks challenge next time LOL)
- You don't have to eat your meals at home, they only need to be prepared at home. Feel free to take them with you and eat them anywhere you like.
- Exceptions will be made if you happen to go on vacation or a business trip during the challenge. I feel this is fair in order to open the challenge up to more people.
- The challenge will start on October 1st & end on October 30th.
- OPTIONAL: Every friday of the challenge email me a picture of one of your meals. It can be any meal of the day. I will post this picture on my blog.
- OPTIONAL: Track all of your spending on food items for the 30 days. Then after the challenge is over track your spending on food for an additional 30 days and see how they compare. I personally will be doing this.
ARE YOU READY TO ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE ???
If so please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name (only need your first name) and twitter handle (if you have one). I will add you to my email list and twitter list.
**During all my challenges I usually send out daily or almost daily emails with an inspirational quote to everyone. But don't worry I BCC everyone so that your email address remains private. If you do not want to receive my daily emails then please say so in the email you send me to sign up for the challenge**